Evolving. Local. Music.
Local Sounds is a non-profit (application pending) organization of industry professionals and musicians that focuses on the historical preservation, education and advancement of the local music industry. Our goals are to support, encourage, develop and enhance the local music community.
The Music Industry. Redefined.
Local Sounds is an ecosystem being designed and developed to act as an alternative to the mainstream music industry model. By treating your music career as your own business, you will achieve greater success than by getting signed to a major label in a crumbling music economy. Self-employed is the way to go, and Local Sounds is the organization you want to be a part of in order to make your music business happen. Click here to learn more.
Sound Progression, A Little Bit at a Time
A vision the size of Local Sounds requires a lot of time, talent and dedication. This explains why even though Local Sounds has officially been in business since 2005, people have just started to take interest in what we are doing in the past year or so.
Since 2005, Local Sounds has developed, conceived, and maintained several projects, including:
- Local Sounds Discography Museum – A local music historical preservation and complete music database project dedicated to documenting and recording the history of local music.
- Local Sounds Music Scenes – Also a part of LocalSounds.com and formerly referred to as “City Pages” on Madtown Lounge, Music Scenes are city specific directories to every city in America (and then some). Whether you live in Local Sounds Los Angeles or Local Sounds New York, we have a music scene directory for you! The only thing they need is input, activity and events from our members! Click here to learn more about Music Scenes.
- Local Sounds Events and Tickets – As a part of the Local Sounds/Madtown Lounge merger, we acquired the event calendar and e-ticketing system built into the social media platform. You can expect a series of upgrades to this service in the months ahead.
- LocalSounds.com (formerly Madtown Lounge) – In 2010, Local Sounds and Madtown Lounge merged to create the single largest independent entity for local music in the Madison area and beyond. This merger brought a social network platform into Local Sounds that can now be described as the online backbone of the Local Sounds ecosystem. Once the redesign of the site is complete, you can expect an ongoing commitment to enhance and build on this platform for the benefit of our artists and fans nationwide.
- Local Sounds TV – Launched in 2009, Local Sounds TV (LSTV) is a service whose mission is to provide quality video coverage of the local music scene via a dedicated web video channel and beyond.
- Local Sounds Magazine (formerly Rick’s Cafe) – Probably our most popular feature due to its long past in the Madison area, Local Sounds Magazine continues the mission of Rick’s Cafe by providing the local music industry with the print media coverage it lacks and the exposure it deserves.
- Local Sounds Blog – Our official parent organization blog is our way of letting you know what we’re up to!